Wednesday, January 16, 2008

a man without a horse is like a man without legs

I love that quote from The Man from Snowy River; and if it was true in the wild west (or the Australian outback, for that matter), it must be true today. Even if we're talking cars, not horses. I had written in November about my car needing to be replaced. Well, it's still true. Still love it, and in spite of that it still eats inordinate amounts of oil, and the clock is ticking on it. Thankfully, I have awesome friends willing to help me in this miserable endeavor. Some of them even insist that they like doing things like car shopping! It's really an amazingly diverse world, if you think about it.
So last Saturday, I went car shopping with Tom's dad & sister who were up for the weekend. And we looked at cars that Ray and Becky had found in their searches. I got a feel for several cars, and then tonight Tom & I headed to Waupaca to look at a Ford Focus a lady was selling there. And I bought it! It needs some minor repairs, (and a new set of clips so I can move the bike rack to it) but overall it's in good shape. It's a 2003 with just under 50,000 miles on it. Now I just have to decide whether to keep my white car for around-town trips till it dies, or just junk it and move on. *sob!* Even though the new one is beautiful and has electric windows, a pass-through to the trunk, and a few other things... I still like my white car!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Neat car:) Are you gonna keep a momento of the old one when you get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice car Angie - Jessica & Ty have a Ford Focus and love it so think you'll be very happy with it. I say - get rid of the old - - on with the new!!!!! Just some advice from your old Auntie from Hayward. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, a few other folks have given me that advice as well... I'm thinking there might be something to it! Darn dilemmas in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and Patrick - what sort of memento do you suggest? Have you kept any of your previous cars?

    ReplyDelete